Saturday 18 July 2015

Eid euphoria...

Today reminds me of the mouth-watering ‘sheer’ my friend treated me last year. You should too visit your muslim friends today and l bet they will welcome you . Much of my knowledge for Islam comes from tales and facts my friend recites me and I always like listening to her as they entail profound knowledge Allah showered upon us. All religions teach us something good isn’t it ?
Ramadan , for us it is the holy month when Islamic followers fast during daylight, The narrow lanes near Jama Masjid have been fragrant with the aroma of kebabs, the crowded markets, buzzing with a constant euphoric chatter, and the soulful sounded azaan. It is believed that the Quran was first revealed to Muhammad during the month of Ramadan which has been referred to as the "best of times". Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection, improvement and increased devotion and worship.  Ramadan also teaches Muslims how to better practice self-discipline, self-control sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate; thus encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity. I am not here to literally explain Ramadan or Eid. But I do believe even if you are not an Islamic follower such a humanistic value should be observed and practiced by all of us not fasting but affection and empathy atleast.

No comments:

Post a Comment